Sunday, October 19, 2008

Today was a great day. I will post the zoo pictures soon. I have to write about the Fauntleroy Fall Festival before I forget because no one brought a camera and both my and Eric's phones were out of batteries. So this is the rundown. On the way home from the zoo Kimberly called and said that she was going to see a petting zoo. Kayla is always in for petting animals so we met up with her even though we were totally exhausted from the zoo. So we get down there and the place was totally packed. We will have to do this again next year for more time. We took the girls down to the petting area and the bunny and pig were the first big hits. The rabbit was like one we saw at the fair.

The pig was little and grunted when I scratched it's back. There were also goats, ducks, and chickens. A rooster none the less and Kayla gave us a cock-a-doodle-doo! Then we started the wander and met a llama and a miniature horse named Buttercup. Kayla thought the horse was it! She patted the sweet creature from tail to nose. Then the owner said she could sit on the horse's back because she was little enough. They were giving pony rides at another station but the line was super long. So Kayla and Kaylee were the only littles who got to sit on Buttercup's back she was then back to only petting. I have got to find someone with a miniature horse because that was the cutest thing I can imagine. Kayla was so proud and excited to be on a horse her size, and not even a little scared. She is such a big girl.

We also played at the playground and bumped into several friends and of course made some new ones. Kayla went straight for the big kid equipment even passing the three toddler size climbers. The big ramp and rickety bridge were the favorites. She also tried the bars but needed a boost. So much fun.

No comments: